Roaring 20's

The boys' school had their annual auction recently.  The theme for this year was the Roaring 20's.  Since we are first year parents at the school I decided to jump in as much as I could and help out.  I signed up for to work banking the night of the auction and signed Brad up to work the "Speak Easy" as a Blackjack dealer.  I also signed up to be the Father/Son Laser Tag Coordinator. (This event is coming later ((April)) but I had to do a little prep work at the beginning to get things ready for the auction. 

The night of the auction Brad and I dressed up in our 20's garb, sent the kids to my parent's house and headed out for the night.  They encouraged 20's themed dress of course.  I bought a few things off eBay ahead of time to complete our looks.  Brad wore a tux shirt with black suspenders and a black tie.  He also had an arm band and a hat for the "Speak Easy."  He was not feeling well at all that night so we did not get any pictures of his outfit.  You'll have to use your imaginations!

I borrowed a dress from my mom and ordered a cloche hat off eBay to go with it.  I also, for fun, had a friend at work do my makeup that day.

Here are some pictures we grabbed of me in front of the 1920s cars they had parked on display.







The auction was a busy, but fun evening.  I worked the whole night.  Brad worked about half the night then got to go see the Live auction action.  People were spending money left and right he said!!! So great for the school.  The school is upgrading its technology and buying ipods, ipads and air macs for each student in the school! It is a HUGE investment, but crucial to their development in a very technical world we live in.  Brayden has already done some work with them in his class. 


I sent an email to some of you about donating to the fund.  If you have already done so, THANK YOU! If not you still can do so by going to the school website linked here...St.John the Baptist Catholic School and clicking on Auction Paddle Raiser.  Anything you can donate would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

Dad said…
You look gorgeous, Brionna! Sorry to hear that Brad was not feeling well that evening. We know he looked handsome.
We sent our donation in two weeks ago. Hope that they get many donations.
Carol and Brian

Popular posts from this blog

Art Project

Peacock Lane

Comparison