Art Project
So I found this desk I don't know just over a year ago. It was before we moved. My mother-in-law was visiting and we spotted this kids desk sitting out at a neighbor's house with a Free sign on it. Brad was sceptical and wondered why I picked it up. It needed a little work, but I thought it would be great as an art desk for the kids.
Before:
The boys, Brad and I then painted a white "primer" coat on the desk to cover the blue and red. Here were are starting our project.
Once the white was done, the desk sat for a few more months at Christmas went by, cold weather and snow, lots of rain, and me just not feeling like I wanted to tackle it inside the house with 3 kids roaming about.
So just this last few days I put it on the priority list of things to get done this week. The weather cooperated and we got a couple sunny days to get a good couple coats on it. The boys did a lot of the painting in the larger areas. They were very excited to help. Brylee sat by and watched to make sure we were doing a good job :).
Work in progress...
I had to go back and tape up and re-do some of the white trim, but with a fresh coat of paint and new knobs I think we did a great job. The boys are so excited to have all their art and coloring supplies out where they can get to them anytime now (they were hidden in a box in their closet before). So fun and was an art project all of its own!
Before:
When we moved it came along with us. I had not touched it up to that point. And after we moved it sat for a month or so as it was not one of the top priorities at the time. Late November (I think) we finally went and picked out some paint for it. The boys and I decided on a bright orange. Yes, we are talking "Construction Warning" orange! And after a little bit of work and talking through with the people at Lowe's we made it happen.
The boys, Brad and I then painted a white "primer" coat on the desk to cover the blue and red. Here were are starting our project.
Once the white was done, the desk sat for a few more months at Christmas went by, cold weather and snow, lots of rain, and me just not feeling like I wanted to tackle it inside the house with 3 kids roaming about.
So just this last few days I put it on the priority list of things to get done this week. The weather cooperated and we got a couple sunny days to get a good couple coats on it. The boys did a lot of the painting in the larger areas. They were very excited to help. Brylee sat by and watched to make sure we were doing a good job :).
Work in progress...
And here we are all finished.
Comments
Hey, next time I come to visit maybe we can pick something else up? What do you think about that, Brad?
Grandma Carol