Get Ready, Get Set, JOG!!!!

Brayden and his class participated in their school Jog-A-Thon a couple weeks ago.  This was the second year.  He had to ask for pledges from family, friends and neighbors.  The school goaled each child to raise $150 (which we accomplished).  The school uses the money for maintenance, facilities and things that the tuition does not cover.  It is their largest fundraiser of the year.  The Principal and Father were out there participating as well.  There were 2 ways to pledge, by lap or a lump sum.  The lump sum is a much better way to go.  Sometimes these little kiddos can go quite a ways.  Brayden last year ran 6 laps on the track.  This is a full-size High School track people.  This year he did 13!!!! 3 1/4 miles. He walk/ran for the whole hour. 

Brock, Brylee, Grandpa John and I joined him in his laps.  Brock and Brylee had the best seats in the house! I got my workout in for the day ;).  We ended up having decent weather too.  It was cloudy and a little windy, but otherwise great. 

I managed to get a couple photos on my phone so these are not the best, but they will have to do.







It was so fun to see the determination on Brayden's face as he came up to one of the kids in his class and would run past them checking out how many laps they had run along the way.  He was so focused (Hmmm, wonder where he gets that from!?! ;) ).

Comments

Dad said…
Good going, Mr. Brayden! Wow, 13 times. You are really something!
Love,
Grandma Carol and Grandpa Brian
Jenn said…
I had no idea Brayden was doing his laps on a full sized track... I would have pledged more! Way to go Brayden!

Popular posts from this blog

Art Project

Peacock Lane

Comparison