30 and Fabulous!!!

Well folks I have hit a new milestone myself...30! Yep, 3 DECADES as Brad's dear friend Tommy puts it.  I truely feel good hitting this milestone.  I am not upset about getting older, at least not yet ;).  I feel like this year is going to be great!

I had been hinting to Brad to see if there was a party planned or some big surprise.  He kept assuring me that he had nothing planned.  First clue.  My family was pretty mum about the whole birthday thing too as we got 2 weeks away no one had really said anything about it. We usually talk about what you want, if we are getting together, and what is going on.  Second Clue.  We made plans to get together on Friday night and Brad said we would do something just the 5 of us on Wednesday, my actual birthday.  He was letting the boys pick what they would like to do.  Third Clue.

SURPRISE!!!!



He and my family and friends suprised me by planning a party at Big Al's.  It is a bowling/arcade place that is really big and nice.  We had a private area with a few lanes, our own waitress and HUGE big screens.  My fabulous sister set up some pictures of me as a youngin' and got a nice cake.  We ate, visited, bowled and then I got to open some great gifts! It was so nice and I was surprised!!! I really had given up on having something planned and set my expectations low for my big 3-0. 

More photos to share:










Thank you! Thank you! To my sister and Brad for putting it all together.  And thank you to those that came and made my evening super special! Those of you to far to travel for it, thank you for the lovely happy birthday wishes, cards, phone calls and gifts! I love you all and am looking forward to my new Decade :).

Comments

cherie.kraus said…
What no pics of the party-planners Brad or fabulous sister Brittany? Fun place and lots of fun had by all. I can say you were truly surprised. I remember very clearly the day you were born. Your dad and I brought home in a 1978 Corvette Pace Car (that was pre-carseat days).
Love, Mom
Dad said…
Glad to hear that you had a great
30th. When I asked Brad what he was doing for your birthday, he told me he had nothing planned. I guess it was a "secret."
Grandma Carol
JuliAnna said…
You are most definitely 30 and fabulous!!! I am so thrilled you were treated to such a wonderful surprise and wish I could have been there to help you celebrate! I'm looking forward to what this next decade will bring you!!!
JuliAnna said…
PS this means we've also almost been friends for TWO entire decades...wowzers.

Popular posts from this blog

Art Project

Peacock Lane

Comparison