New Trials and Tribulations
This summer has been fun at times, but also exhausting! I have to confess, I have had a couple break downs. I know I usually seem as though not much bothers me, but a lot has been bothering me lately. I have had these horrible feelings of not being myself. I have been angry. I have been down and feeling sorry for myself. I have not been doing the best job that I can do as a mother.
I have wanted a break. I have been letting the small things the kids do get under my skin and cause me to have a breakdown. My patients has worn thin. I had to pull Brad aside and say, "please help!" If you know me at all, you know this is not my standard and is a very big deal for me. I HATE asking for help with things. I would rather kill myself trying than ask for help. Seriously.
We had a great talk. I got my feeling and thought out to him. He comforted me and made me feel like I am not crazy as I had thought I was. He helped me generate some ideas of how to deal with the current issues.
The one reason I am sharing this is to show one of our "ideas" to help work with the kids.
A Chore Chart. I know this is not a new idea. People started this some time ago, but it is new in our household. The purpose for us it to work on the kids behavior, not just for them to do our chores.
So for under $3 I got some supplies at Target. And made this little number last night. They were super excited about it this morning! They wanted to do the work and more so they could earn more "tokens." It has been explained to them that they will earn a "token" for every chore they do each day. If they decide to help out and do extra things, they will earn extra "tokens." The tokens can then be exchanged at the end of the day with the "Dadda Exchange" for prizes, goods, game time, or outings.
It was also explained that tokens will be taken away for bad behavior such as timeouts or hitting, kicking or pushing of your sibling.
We are hoping to really nip some bad behavior in the bud, but time will tell I guess.
I would love some feedback from anyone who has experience with this kind of thing. :)
I have wanted a break. I have been letting the small things the kids do get under my skin and cause me to have a breakdown. My patients has worn thin. I had to pull Brad aside and say, "please help!" If you know me at all, you know this is not my standard and is a very big deal for me. I HATE asking for help with things. I would rather kill myself trying than ask for help. Seriously.
We had a great talk. I got my feeling and thought out to him. He comforted me and made me feel like I am not crazy as I had thought I was. He helped me generate some ideas of how to deal with the current issues.
The one reason I am sharing this is to show one of our "ideas" to help work with the kids.
A Chore Chart. I know this is not a new idea. People started this some time ago, but it is new in our household. The purpose for us it to work on the kids behavior, not just for them to do our chores.
It was also explained that tokens will be taken away for bad behavior such as timeouts or hitting, kicking or pushing of your sibling.
We are hoping to really nip some bad behavior in the bud, but time will tell I guess.
I would love some feedback from anyone who has experience with this kind of thing. :)
Comments