Early Winter Craftiness

Well this late Fall, early Winter has been a busy time for me in the craft department.

I signed up to help Brock's class do their auction art project.  Thank goodness I enlisted the help of a couple other moms in the class, cause one is super talented and painted a good portion of the project!
We gathered some ideas from Pinterest and put our heads together to come up with this:



Each leaf is hand-painted by one of the students in Brock's Kindergarten class. The mom painted the background...she is an artist and does some paintings to sell.  Another mom cut out the leaf shapes from the kids painted pieces of cloth and I sewed them onto the canvas.  We also used the kids finger prints at the bottom to create flowers and I wrote their names next to each stem.  I think it went for over $800 at the auction! Not bad. :)

I also made this diaper cake for one of the teachers at Brayden's school who was going on maternity leave.  I bought supplies at Target and Michael's craft store.  It is from the PTA, but I put it together.  The teacher has a 2 year old boy and was going to have her second boy, so it seemed like a useful gift for her.  It was a lot of fun to make though!

 
Also, in gathering all these other ideas from Pinterest, I came across this other ideas to use some crates for storage.  I thought it would be perfect for a small space I have in the kitchen. 
 
So we went from this:
 

To this:

 
I have left the natural wood so far, but may paint them later.  I haven't decided.  :)
 
I do enjoy having things organized though and have a few other ideas for some other spaces in the house.  So stay tuned to see what else I come up with! 

Comments

Dad said…
Great job, Brionna. Wow, $800 at the auction. How wonderful!
Grandma Carol and Grandpa Brian
Jenn said…
Love how it all turned out!

Popular posts from this blog

Art Project

Peacock Lane

Comparison