Birthday MANIA!!!
In asking the boys what they would like to do for their birthdays, they both wanted a party. Great! I thought. Well, turns out Brayden wanted his party at one of our favorite places, JJ JUMP and Brock wanted his party at the Bowling Alley. OK, I took some time to think about 2 birthday parties 5 days apart with similar friends, family and the costs associated with doing 2 location-oriented parties. And my conclusion...not very economical or practical at this point.
So, I went for game plan number 2 and started putting plans and ideas in their heads. ;)
I asked if they would like a bounce house? The reply was yes!!! I asked if they would like certain people to be there? They gave me similar lists of friends and family. I gave them the option of being able to go to the places they chose above on their actual birthdays and they were intrigued.
So our new plan came into form: joint party with the all the family and friends they had chosen, at Grammy and Grandpa John's house, with a bounce house and Momma putting together themed games to go along with their wants.
Brock had chosen the Cars 2 theme. With the help of Pinterest and Google, we found a Box Car Race we could put together and a Bean Bag Toss into Tires (we had to just use the corn hole game instead cause I didn't have enough spare tires). Brayden had chosen the Angry Birds theme. We found a real-life Angry Birds game and also decided on an egg hunt (Birds lay eggs :) ).
It took me a good week or more of gathering items, decorating, piecing together ideas into real-life objects. But we made it happen!
Grandpa John got dealt the task of making a slingshot. He gladly took it on and ran with the project when I forwarded him a couple pictures that he could go off of (he had made something similar in college, so he was pretty excited to have a new slingshot to share with the boys).
I bought cheap, solid-colored balls at Toys R Us and drew Angry Birds faces on them. I bought one Angry Birds kickball as the actual ball to launch since it was a little heavier. I also gathered boxes from work, recycling and Brad brought a few home and flipped them all inside out so they were either tan or white. Then I drew lines to look like bricks or wood. I think we had about 25 boxes in a variety of sizes and shapes.
Pictures on their actual birthdays:
The Angry Birds game and the Bounce house were the "hit" of the party! The kids and adults were all about checking them out. And the good news is we can use the slingshot for launching pumpkins, water balloons, hmmmmm.... this could be trouble. Good thing it is at Grammy and Grandpa's house ;)!
It was an exhausting adventure, but so worth the effort to see everything turn out well and the boys have an AWESOME party!
Happy 7th Birthday Brayden and Happy 5th Birthday Brock!!! You guys are growing up so fast, but mom and dad love the little men you are becoming.
So, I went for game plan number 2 and started putting plans and ideas in their heads. ;)
I asked if they would like a bounce house? The reply was yes!!! I asked if they would like certain people to be there? They gave me similar lists of friends and family. I gave them the option of being able to go to the places they chose above on their actual birthdays and they were intrigued.
So our new plan came into form: joint party with the all the family and friends they had chosen, at Grammy and Grandpa John's house, with a bounce house and Momma putting together themed games to go along with their wants.
Brock had chosen the Cars 2 theme. With the help of Pinterest and Google, we found a Box Car Race we could put together and a Bean Bag Toss into Tires (we had to just use the corn hole game instead cause I didn't have enough spare tires). Brayden had chosen the Angry Birds theme. We found a real-life Angry Birds game and also decided on an egg hunt (Birds lay eggs :) ).
It took me a good week or more of gathering items, decorating, piecing together ideas into real-life objects. But we made it happen!
Grandpa John got dealt the task of making a slingshot. He gladly took it on and ran with the project when I forwarded him a couple pictures that he could go off of (he had made something similar in college, so he was pretty excited to have a new slingshot to share with the boys).
I bought cheap, solid-colored balls at Toys R Us and drew Angry Birds faces on them. I bought one Angry Birds kickball as the actual ball to launch since it was a little heavier. I also gathered boxes from work, recycling and Brad brought a few home and flipped them all inside out so they were either tan or white. Then I drew lines to look like bricks or wood. I think we had about 25 boxes in a variety of sizes and shapes.
The Angry Birds game and the Bounce house were the "hit" of the party! The kids and adults were all about checking them out. And the good news is we can use the slingshot for launching pumpkins, water balloons, hmmmmm.... this could be trouble. Good thing it is at Grammy and Grandpa's house ;)!
It was an exhausting adventure, but so worth the effort to see everything turn out well and the boys have an AWESOME party!
Happy 7th Birthday Brayden and Happy 5th Birthday Brock!!! You guys are growing up so fast, but mom and dad love the little men you are becoming.






Comments