Bake me a cake....or two...
Okay so it is time for Brayden and Brock's birthdays. Remember that post here, where I made a cake for the DiFrancisco's birthday party. Yeah, well that was a trial cake to see if I would be able to put a cake together for the boys' birthdays.
On Brylee's last birthday I had an epic fail with paying faaaaarrrrr toooooo much for a cake! Don't ask cause Brad still reminds me of it till this day and probably will for many years to come. I thought to redeem myself I would attempt to bake and decorate the cakes myself for the next few years. :)
So, I started by asking the boys what they would like on their cake. The response from Brock was very casual and he simply stated he would like a Cars 2 cake, more specifically Finn McMissile ( he is a new main character that is a Spy). He didn't give anymore details than that. Okay, I could run with this as I immediately took to Pinterest and started scouring for cakes and ideas (LOVE Pinterest!).
When I asked Brayden he had to take some time to think about it, then came back to me with some VERY specific details for his cake. I am not going to lie, I was a little overwhelmed with his plans and told him to draw them out for me so that I could have a reference to go off of. He kindly drew me this a picture. (I told myself to keep it so I could show him one day, but not I cannot seem to find it :/)
Brayden was so specific that I did not need to get ideas, I just needed to find the pieces to make it look the way he would like.
After researching, shopping and consulting with my soon to be birthday boys, I got to work. I started with Brock's cake.
The final product:
And then onto Brayden's:
It was a very late Friday night when I finished, but here it is:
I am getting more and more comfortable with making and decorating as I get more practice under my belt. I am starting ideas for Brylee's 3 year birthday cake next. ;) Maybe I could start a side job!?!
Next up... a few photos of the actual party! Stay tuned!!!
On Brylee's last birthday I had an epic fail with paying faaaaarrrrr toooooo much for a cake! Don't ask cause Brad still reminds me of it till this day and probably will for many years to come. I thought to redeem myself I would attempt to bake and decorate the cakes myself for the next few years. :)
So, I started by asking the boys what they would like on their cake. The response from Brock was very casual and he simply stated he would like a Cars 2 cake, more specifically Finn McMissile ( he is a new main character that is a Spy). He didn't give anymore details than that. Okay, I could run with this as I immediately took to Pinterest and started scouring for cakes and ideas (LOVE Pinterest!).
When I asked Brayden he had to take some time to think about it, then came back to me with some VERY specific details for his cake. I am not going to lie, I was a little overwhelmed with his plans and told him to draw them out for me so that I could have a reference to go off of. He kindly drew me this a picture. (I told myself to keep it so I could show him one day, but not I cannot seem to find it :/)
Brayden was so specific that I did not need to get ideas, I just needed to find the pieces to make it look the way he would like.
After researching, shopping and consulting with my soon to be birthday boys, I got to work. I started with Brock's cake.
The final product:
And then onto Brayden's:
It was a very late Friday night when I finished, but here it is:
I am getting more and more comfortable with making and decorating as I get more practice under my belt. I am starting ideas for Brylee's 3 year birthday cake next. ;) Maybe I could start a side job!?!
Next up... a few photos of the actual party! Stay tuned!!!





Comments