Batter Up!
We are getting ready to start another adventure here in the Neeley house, Brayden is going to be playing tball this year and Brad and John will be coaching! Brayden has been saying for some time now that he wants to play sports. He lists about every sport out there as one he wants to play. I told him one at a time, because I would like to have a little life other than running him (and his brother when that time comes) to sporting adventures. I can however see that my social life (not that it is much of one anyway) will be slipping away in the distant future to a mom of driving to and from games and practices almost 7 days a week.
Upon signing him up, the tball president asked if I knew anyone that would like to help with coaching or games and events to write that down. John had said that he would help and I knew that I could help with things at games as well. Fast forward a month later, to her emailing me if we would be interested in coaching. She did not have any coaches lined up for the 4 or so tball teams. After asking Brad and John they both agreed to co-coaching a team together. The tball president made the coaching seem like just a couple days a week and then games in a month or so. Well folks, today we discovered there is much more of a commitment than there first appeared to be. Two to three days a week for practices, along with get a team sponsor, coaching clinics, calling the roster.... we are still excited for this new opportunity, but a little overwhelmed right out of the gate. I am sure things will smooth out, but at the moment I am laughing at how crazy our lives are right now!
So wish us luck! Brayden is super excited to play. We just purchased his cleats and baseball pants today. Brock and Brylee are going to be his biggest fans!!!! There will be many pictures of practices and games to come. Rain or shine we will be hollering "Batter Up!"
Upon signing him up, the tball president asked if I knew anyone that would like to help with coaching or games and events to write that down. John had said that he would help and I knew that I could help with things at games as well. Fast forward a month later, to her emailing me if we would be interested in coaching. She did not have any coaches lined up for the 4 or so tball teams. After asking Brad and John they both agreed to co-coaching a team together. The tball president made the coaching seem like just a couple days a week and then games in a month or so. Well folks, today we discovered there is much more of a commitment than there first appeared to be. Two to three days a week for practices, along with get a team sponsor, coaching clinics, calling the roster.... we are still excited for this new opportunity, but a little overwhelmed right out of the gate. I am sure things will smooth out, but at the moment I am laughing at how crazy our lives are right now!
So wish us luck! Brayden is super excited to play. We just purchased his cleats and baseball pants today. Brock and Brylee are going to be his biggest fans!!!! There will be many pictures of practices and games to come. Rain or shine we will be hollering "Batter Up!"
Comments
Hey, find a "team parent" to do the rosters, calling, and planning parties, etc. That will save you some time.
Carol