No Training Wheels Needed
Brayden has recently begun riding his bike without training wheels. Look out folks we have a true BIG boy on our hands! He litterally figured it out in 24hours! This is the way Brayden does things. He puts his mind to it, focus' and picks up sports activites in the blink of an eye.
He and Brock have toddler bikes with training wheels. They race them down the driveway and through the neighborhood so fast that their chains fall off quite frequently. Brad got tired of putting Brayden's chain back on every few minutes and decided to take the training wheels off so he would slow down and focus on what he was doing. We had to hold onto him at first and he was not sure about not having training wheels because then he always needed our help. Brad and I took turns running around the cul-de-sac with him holding onto his bike while he tried to figure out how to balance. After about an hour, we called it a night. The next day I went to work and Brad was home with the kids. They went outside and Brayden went back to work. Just before I left work for the day, Brad sent me a text that we had a bike rider!
I did not believe it and after arriving home and eating dinner, here is what I saw:
It was amazing to watch him with so much confidence just cruise around the neighborhood. He had such a look of acheivement on his face! I was so proud of him. Now we will have to see about a BIG Boy bike (maybe for his birthday) :).
Comments
Mama San