Welcome Brylee Madison
Our little princess made an appearance into this world on Thursday January 28th. She came out screamin'! It was surreal to be sitting on the operating table going to have my 3rd c-section, everyone thinks I am a pro, but I still get quite nervous about it all.








It took a couple days of me going back and forth before I finally settled on a name for her (Brad was leaving it up to me, but he did finally say that he thought Brylee was a great name).
Here are some photos of her arrrival:
Shortly after we were in the room recovering and being monitored they discovered that she was breathing a little fast and took her to the nursery to be set up on a monitor for a little while. She had to have an x-ray and some tests that revealed she had amniotic fluid in her lungs still. Brylee then stayed in the nursery overnight and the next evening our Pediatrician decided to move her to the NICU.
I was strongly hoping that I would not have to have another baby in the NICU, but here we went again. Brylee was hooked up to a high pressure nasal canula that kept pressure in her lungs so she could steady her breathing. She basically had to learn to breathe at the correct rate. It took a couple days. All in all she was in the NICU for 6 days (far shorter that Brayden's 84 days, but still just as difficult). Her bed was right next to where Brayden's bed was when he started in the NICU! Crazy!
Here is Brylee jumping into her carseat and making her way home:
It is wonderful to have her home now and so far things are going well. She is a very good baby!
Comments
Mama San