Cupcakes

My sister and I last minute, decided to have her and my niece and nephew over to celebrate their birthdays. 

We had our pool up and the kids just really cannot get enough of it!  We ordered some pizza, made a salad and of course I had to do some baking. ;)

With not a lot of preparation time, cupcakes were the answer.  I found a few ideas on Pinterest and got to work.  I googled some princess images.  It was a little tricky because of their size when you download them.  I needed just the right size to work. Isabella requested Anna and Elsa from Frozen and Rapunzel as her favorites.



I bought some card stock and printed several of each on the card stock.  I then cut them out around the outline of each character.  I mixed frosting colors to match their dresses and used different piping tips to create petals that looked like a dress.  I taped the character pictures onto small cakepop sticks and inserted them into the cupcake.


 
I did similar things to create Dominic's Skylanders Giants cupcakes.  I found some cupcake toppers online and then edited them to include his name.  Instead of making dress skirts, I made his swirls like the portal used in Skylanders (it is a Wii game).



 
I am happy with how they turned out for a last minute deal.  Brylee enjoyed the princess ones so much that she has requested them for her birthday as well.  We have half a year till that, so we will see!  Happy 6th Birthday Isabella and Happy 8th Birthday Dominic!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Art Project

Peacock Lane

Comparison