Ear Sparkles!

You may have wondered with the title, did Brionna get some nice new earrings?

Nope.

Brylee got her ears pierced!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had talked about doing this when she was 2, but Brad was hesitant and wanted to wait till she could decide for herself if she wanted them pierced.  I thought it would be better to do it earlier so she would not remember as much of it.

A couple of weeks ago, she started asking to have "sparkles" in her ears like mine.  She had noticed my earring and kept mentioning she wanted some like momma's.  I told her to ask her daddy about that.  Well, she finally did and he was super surprised. We discussed it and said maybe we would do it in the next couple weeks.

I totally jumped at the chance and took Brylee when she was home with me a few days later!!

She was really good about it.  She picked out the earrings she wanted.  She sat in the chair like a big girl.  The lady working there even said maybe I should sit with her to help keep her hands down and keep her from tilting her shoulder to her ear after the first one was done.  Brylee was having none of that. She wanted to sit by herself!

I knelt down in front of her and helped hold her arms as the lady quickly went from one ear to the other (hence the lack of video or other pictures). Brylee never cried.  She said "ouchy" after the first one and kinda started to grimace, but it was soon over and I was grabbing the mirror to show her and she became so excited she forgot about the ouchiness.

Getting the dots marked on the right spot.
 
 All done! Hiding some pain with a smile!
 




I am so excited for her! She was so excited to show everyone! Daddy was surprised, but thinks they are very pretty. She is getting just a little more grown up on me.

Comments

Dad said…
Wow, Brylee is a brave girl. It took me 40 years to get the nerve to get my ears pierced. She looks adorable.
Grandma Carol
Eric and Jenn said…
Love this! They look beautiful Brylee! Audrey has asked a couple of times, but I don't think we're quite ready yet.

Popular posts from this blog

Art Project

Peacock Lane

Comparison