Weekend Project...

Last year, Brad and I had put our house up for sale with the hopes of moving before Fall time.  That, unfortunately did not happen.  Every time someone came to view the house they always said how nice it looked and how well maintained it was.  And then, they would say that it needed new carpet.  Yes, we knew this, but were trying to ignore it. 

Well, no longer folks! After discussion and researching cheap solutions, let me show what has been done!

Before:

Getting ready!
Here we go!!!!!
In the midst of having banging from the hammer and vacuuming, here is Brylee fast asleep!

Carpet is gone...
Late at night (about midnight) here is the start.
About 1am we went to sleep, so the start of the next day I had to go to work in the morning, but got off early to help finish the floor.  Brad and the boys had worked on it while I was gone and got A LOT done! Brayden was definitely a good little helper! He earned some money :)
All DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And After:

I know that is a lot of pictures, but you have to get the full effect! It looks awesome and we are super happy with it.  I am sooooo glad that ugly carpet is gone, I cannot tell you.  We also have a new layout (for those who have seen our home) and it makes the room look so much bigger.  So with a few hundred dollars and a weekends worth of work, we have a brand new room that looks pretty chic if I do say so myself!


Comments

JuliAnna said…
SO impressed!!! I can't believe you did it all yourselves - you guys are rockstars:) It's a GIGANTIC improvement, I love it!
Anonymous said…
Unbelievable! How gorgeous! Wow, this makes just a difference, it looks like a new house. Maybe you guys won't want to sell it now? It looks so good, you guys could go into business.
Mama San
Jenn said…
I have to agree with everyone else! Are you sure you want to move now?! Doesn't it feel so good to accomplish things by yourselves? Great work Weekend Warriors!

Popular posts from this blog

Art Project

Peacock Lane

Comparison