Opportunity
It took me a bit to come up with a title for this post. Ending, transition, end of an era, Goodbye Nordstrom- all came to mind.
But here I am settled with Opportunity. I recently came upon an opportunity to apply for a position with the City of Happy Valley. While on a field trip with Brylee there, one of the Directors mentioned they were hiring. My friend nudged me and whispered, "You'd be perfect!"
I was very hesitant to inquire about the job, but did eventually speak to the HR manager. I applied later that day.
I had really been searching recently for what I wanted to do. Stay with Nordstrom, try something different? I kept holding onto my 17.5 years there. After several weeks of being disappointed by Nordstrom and Happy Valley, I was feeling stuck. I had started helping a friend at their chiropractic office. It was a good challenge and change, but I don't think it was for me.
The City of Happy Valley ended up calling me back as another position opened. I interview and accepted a position there. It is an Administrative Assistant position, less than half a mile down the road. It has awesome benefits and was a pay increase!
So as I said goodbye to Nordstrom, I felt an excitement for a new chapter, and sadness/anxiousness for leaving something I have know for so long. Lots of emotions on my last day and tears shed.
I feel good about my decision and feel it has all happened for a reason. I am thankful for a new opportunity to expand my skill set!
Letting go of old...Deep breath...starting something new.
But here I am settled with Opportunity. I recently came upon an opportunity to apply for a position with the City of Happy Valley. While on a field trip with Brylee there, one of the Directors mentioned they were hiring. My friend nudged me and whispered, "You'd be perfect!"
I was very hesitant to inquire about the job, but did eventually speak to the HR manager. I applied later that day.
I had really been searching recently for what I wanted to do. Stay with Nordstrom, try something different? I kept holding onto my 17.5 years there. After several weeks of being disappointed by Nordstrom and Happy Valley, I was feeling stuck. I had started helping a friend at their chiropractic office. It was a good challenge and change, but I don't think it was for me.
The City of Happy Valley ended up calling me back as another position opened. I interview and accepted a position there. It is an Administrative Assistant position, less than half a mile down the road. It has awesome benefits and was a pay increase!
So as I said goodbye to Nordstrom, I felt an excitement for a new chapter, and sadness/anxiousness for leaving something I have know for so long. Lots of emotions on my last day and tears shed.
I feel good about my decision and feel it has all happened for a reason. I am thankful for a new opportunity to expand my skill set!
Letting go of old...Deep breath...starting something new.
Comments