Back at it

Well hello again blogging world!

As, I look at this blog, I realize I have missed a whole year and a quarter now! WHAT!?!
Those sweet pictures of my little people, important memories or events are all just stored in my head now and I have to actually remember them.  That might be asking a bit too much.  I have enjoyed my time looking back through some of the many photos on here and seeing it as a diary of these crazy young kid-filled years. 
And now there is a big hole were I forgot to put them down. None the less, I am back now to write down more from our family.  Even though there is a lot missing from the last year, I am done kicking myself and am just going to move forward.

So 2016 is here and moving quickly! At the present time, we are in full baseball season with both the boys.  Brylee and Brayden just finished some swim lessons and Brock just finished soccer.  So baseball is LIFE right now- 5 days a week. We do enjoy it though.  I am actually learning to like baseball! (Don't tell my husband)


We just had to put down our sweet Rogue girl 6 days ago.  It has been a tough loss to the family, but we are slowly working through our emotions and finding our new normal without her.  She was 12 1/2 years old and had a good life with us. 


Brad has started a new job.  He is doing sales management for a local coffee roaster here in Portland.  Two things Brad loves are coffee and sales, so I think this is going to be a perfect fit!

The kids are all in the same school for the first time.  Brylee has started full day Kindergarten, Brock is in 2nd grade and Brayden is in 4th.  It is such a different feeling to have them all get on the bus and off of the bus at the same time each day.  I have so much more time now! Ha!

I am finding myself looking for more/other things to do.  Maybe another occupation? Maybe a different hobby? I have taken to attending group fitness classes on a regular basis and am enjoying it. 

So I think I am going to be posting some of our life in another format.  I want to share with my friends some of my organization tips and tricks.  The main one being my menu planning and preparation.  Each week I plan out the menu.  Sunday to Saturday.  I go through recipes I have, Pinterest, ideas from the family members and build what we will eat each night. I then make my grocery list from the menu items by going over what we already have to make that meal and what I still need from the store, one night at a time.  Once the list is ready, I shop and we are set for the week. No thinking at 4:30pm, "what are we going to have for dinner?"  It saves me so much time and stress. My family has come to enjoy looking at the menu and seeing what will be upcoming for the week.

Stay tuned for posts to come.  It feels good writing again, even if it's just for my own benefit.  :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Art Project

Peacock Lane

Comparison