PTA adventures

Well, folks I have done it.  I have joined the PTA at Brayden's school.  Not only have I joined, but jumped in full-swing as one of a group of three to be the fundraising committee. 

I do have a passion for helping. I saw some places in the PTA that needed some "help."  The first task, planning, coordinating and orchestrating the Jog-A-Thon for the school.  Brayden's Elementary school is a K-5th grade school.  There are about 320 students in the school.

Myself, and the two other ladies, developed a plan of action and took steps to ask for sponsorships from local businesses.  We raised money to help pay for t-shirts for all the students and staff.  We got donations from local business too.  Everything from a bike to food, free kids meals, ice cream, movies, and more! People are really generous with donations!!

We worked out details of the day, coordinating music, an emcee, local city council members, the police chief and firefighters ran with the kids, and lots of parent volunteers.

It was a labor of love! I will say we worked really hard on it and it all paid off! We had a greatly successful day and event.  The kids loved it and we beat last year's numbers!!! ;)

It is something new for me to put my hands into and try out. I see the need and have a joy in really helping the kids and school benefit.

We will see where this leads, but for now you can add PTA mom to my title. :)

Comments

Jenn said…
Well done Brio! I hope to someday follow in your footsteps! ;)
Dad said…
Great job, Brionna. I always loved doing fundraisers at the school.
Grandma Carol

Popular posts from this blog

Art Project

Peacock Lane

Comparison