Saying Goodbye...

We sadly, had to say our good-byes to our first "Neeley baby," Tinsley.  He was 10 1/2 years old.  Brad picked him up in his Mustang when he was just 8 weeks old.  Tinsley has danced at our wedding, moved to every house with us, and welcomed each of our kiddos home from the hospital. 

Tinsley was a smart dog.  He was a little too smart I think.  It often got him into trouble.  Brad and I called him curious George.  He always wanted to sniff things, test things, just check them out.  He loved going for rides in our cars.  He would stick his head, nose, tip of the nose....whatever he could out the window.  Tinsley LOVED his food! Treats, scraps, just any food.   It is probably one of the reasons he became diabetic.  We then had to limit his food and could really only give him his prescription dog food, with an occasional treat. 

I can still picture him now prancing across the yard with his fluffy white tail in the air.  Tinsley knew how to shake hands, howl when someone started singing "Who let the dogs out?", knew the word "veranda," and knew that he hated being in water. 

We had a great time with Tinsley.  He was such a big part of our life, more than I think we realized until now.  There is such a hole in our hearts and home without him.  We are sad that his body stopped working for him.  We are thankful for the time we had with him and will truly not have another animal like him. 

These days have been hard, I'm not going to lie.  We've had lots of tears.  The kids have had lots of hard questions.  We are trying to do our best to answer them so they understand, but still it is heart-breaking to try.  We know many of you had the opportunity to meet our Tinsley.  Hopefully, he left a good impression upon you too. 




 
 
Tinsley, until we see you again, RIP.  We Love and Miss you bud!

Comments

Dad said…
We are so so sorry about Mr. Tinsley. What a sad day! He was always such a good dog, and always watching over the kids. We remember how he would protect the kids when they were babies, always watching over them. We also will remember how he loved to have his butt scratched. We also remember how he jumped in bed with Brian and the bed collapsed. We remember the day Brad drove so far to pick up Tinsley. We remember your Wedding Day and how handsome Tinsley looked. We remember so many fond memories of HIM.
Wow, we are so sad! We can only imagine how Rogue will miss her best friend! And of course how all of you guys will miss your best friend, and oldest member of the Oregon Neeleys.
Tears are funning down our faces just thinking of him.
We will miss you, Tinsley. You are in our prayers.
Grandma Carol and Grandpa Brian
Jenn said…
Can't even imagine what you're feeling. :'( I LOVE the picture of Brayden and Tinsley in the last collage. It's like you caught a real smile!
Eric said…
I love you and miss you Mr Tinsel Winsel!
JuliAnna said…
I think everyone will love and miss Tinsley!!! I know I will:( I'm so so sorry for your loss...we'll be thinking of you all!

Popular posts from this blog

Art Project

Peacock Lane

Comparison