Merten Reunion

Well, my dad's side of the family decided to put together a reunion.  I was unsure about going as thoughts of the awkward conversations fill my head.  The visions of introductions as to who I am and how I am related to these people.  Most of them have seen me since I was a little girl, and with my dad being gone  now he would not be there to help make the connection.  But with a threat from my sister, and knowing that both my uncles would be there and that they wanted me there, I decided to go. 

The event was held at my Great-Uncle Charley's house.  He lives about an hour away on the way out to the beach.  I thought my parents lived out in no-man's land.....boy was I wrong.  Charley lives in NO-MAN's land!  It was gorgeous out there though.  He has his own vineyard and lots of acreage. 

They had a bounce house, dunk tank, and drawing area for the kids.  Tables of food, beverages, and desserts. 

The festivities were nice.  The kids had a blast running around and playing.  They got into some water balloons and squirt guns at the end. 

Here are a few photos:

My grandmother, Brylee and I
 The boys enjoying snow cones

 The fam with my Uncle Phil (my dad's older brother)

Here is my Uncle Pat (my dad's younger brother) and my great uncle Charley (my grandfather's brother).


I will admit, the conversations were not that awkward.  Things flowed smoothly and it was nice to visit with some of the cousins I rarely see.  All-in-all a good time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Art Project

Peacock Lane

Comparison