Eventful Update
Well, folks the last couple weeks have been eventful and challenging. I thought we had been dealt enough on our plates recently, but I guess I was incorrect in that assumption. While the kids were cycling through their illness from the last post of "Sick of All the Sickness," the accident came along. Then came my dose of sickness.
Here is the latest on the accident: Brock is A-OK. He got a clean bill of health as far as any possible injury from the accident with our Pediatrician. He did somehow contract Walking Pneumonia however. He had been coughing some just like the other kiddos, and a runny nose, but I had no idea it was this bad. Brock has really been acting quite normal for him despite being sick. So he is just finishing his last dose of antibiotics today from a 5 day prescription. He still has to do a nebulizer throughout the day as needed for his cough. I haven't really heard him cough much the last couple days though so I think we will be ending that soon as well.
Brad is doing physical therapy 3 days a week right now as prescribed by his doctor. He says that the therapy hurts like crazy right now, but hopefully we will see an improvement soon. He is also still wearing his splint for his wrist. I am not sure how quickly that will heal. He is still having anxiety in the car and in pain at different points throughout the day, but is working through it and hopefully on the path to recovery.
Violet, his mustang, is a total loss. We are currently working with the insurance company to get a fair value for her so they can get us a check. It is not an easy process by any means. Once any and all money situations are figured out, we will be looking at getting a replacement car for Brad. He has been looking at what is out there, it will not be brand new, but a good used vehicle.
That is all for the accident info right now. There are plenty other details going on behind the scenes, but they are more troublesome than anything, so we will keep those off the blog.
While this was all happening, I was taking care of sick kids and got super sick myself. I finally went to the doctor after I felt as if I was going to pass out. I have Pneumonia. UUUUGGGGHHHH! I have not been this sick in a long time. It has been a struggle. I was not feeling so well last week when I took the kids for their check ups and it hit me hard that night. The doctor told me I was really sick, needed to recruit some help and take it easy so I did not end up in the hospital. Kinda hard with a husband who has a new job, no time off, my parents out of the country, my sister who is working and taking care of her family. Thankfully, Brayden's Preschool teacher saw my pain when I went to pick him up after school that day. She called the very next day and offered to help on her day off! She took the kids to go play and eat lunch for a couple hours, as well as brought over some dinner for us to have in the evening. It was so wonderful. I actually rested and napped. The following day my neighbor came to the rescue, taking Brayden to school, watching the other 2 while I went in for a check up, getting some juice at the store for us, and picking Brayden up from school as well. She even came over later to play with the boys in the front yard! I was so grateful!! I don't usually ask for help, and still did not even though I desperately needed it. Once they offered their services, I thought to myself you better take advantage of this or you will not get better. It is so amazing how you get taken care of just when you need it most.
Today I am feeling a little better. I know I am not yet a 100%, but I am on the mend. Brayden is the only healthy one right now. And the rest of us are getting there. That is the latest for this week. PHEW I am glad it is over!!! Hope next week is better :)
Here is the latest on the accident: Brock is A-OK. He got a clean bill of health as far as any possible injury from the accident with our Pediatrician. He did somehow contract Walking Pneumonia however. He had been coughing some just like the other kiddos, and a runny nose, but I had no idea it was this bad. Brock has really been acting quite normal for him despite being sick. So he is just finishing his last dose of antibiotics today from a 5 day prescription. He still has to do a nebulizer throughout the day as needed for his cough. I haven't really heard him cough much the last couple days though so I think we will be ending that soon as well.
Brad is doing physical therapy 3 days a week right now as prescribed by his doctor. He says that the therapy hurts like crazy right now, but hopefully we will see an improvement soon. He is also still wearing his splint for his wrist. I am not sure how quickly that will heal. He is still having anxiety in the car and in pain at different points throughout the day, but is working through it and hopefully on the path to recovery.
Violet, his mustang, is a total loss. We are currently working with the insurance company to get a fair value for her so they can get us a check. It is not an easy process by any means. Once any and all money situations are figured out, we will be looking at getting a replacement car for Brad. He has been looking at what is out there, it will not be brand new, but a good used vehicle.
That is all for the accident info right now. There are plenty other details going on behind the scenes, but they are more troublesome than anything, so we will keep those off the blog.
While this was all happening, I was taking care of sick kids and got super sick myself. I finally went to the doctor after I felt as if I was going to pass out. I have Pneumonia. UUUUGGGGHHHH! I have not been this sick in a long time. It has been a struggle. I was not feeling so well last week when I took the kids for their check ups and it hit me hard that night. The doctor told me I was really sick, needed to recruit some help and take it easy so I did not end up in the hospital. Kinda hard with a husband who has a new job, no time off, my parents out of the country, my sister who is working and taking care of her family. Thankfully, Brayden's Preschool teacher saw my pain when I went to pick him up after school that day. She called the very next day and offered to help on her day off! She took the kids to go play and eat lunch for a couple hours, as well as brought over some dinner for us to have in the evening. It was so wonderful. I actually rested and napped. The following day my neighbor came to the rescue, taking Brayden to school, watching the other 2 while I went in for a check up, getting some juice at the store for us, and picking Brayden up from school as well. She even came over later to play with the boys in the front yard! I was so grateful!! I don't usually ask for help, and still did not even though I desperately needed it. Once they offered their services, I thought to myself you better take advantage of this or you will not get better. It is so amazing how you get taken care of just when you need it most.
Today I am feeling a little better. I know I am not yet a 100%, but I am on the mend. Brayden is the only healthy one right now. And the rest of us are getting there. That is the latest for this week. PHEW I am glad it is over!!! Hope next week is better :)
Comments
Carol and Brian