Another Pumpkin, another Neeley

Brad and I joked that each of the last few pumpkin patch outings we have done, we seem to be taking a new child with us!  This was Brylee's first pumpkin patch experience.  It was a GORGEOUS fall day here in Oregon.  It was a bit crisp and cool in the morning, but started warming up as we picked our pumpkins. 

We once again returned to Fir Point Farms this year.  We wanted to go out to The Pumpkin Patch on Sauvie Island, but had a time limit that day and needed to get to the new house for some work. 

First task at the Farm...pick out our Pumpkins!

Brayden insisted on using a wheel barrow to haul his pumpkin.  While Brock and I opted for the wagon.  I was shocked at how many good looking pumpkins were still left.  I thought for sure that it being the third weekend in October, the choices would be slim.  We actually found our pumpkins rather quickly. Everyone chose their own pumpkin (except I did grab Brylee's :) ).

Here is the gang with all the pumpkins.

After gathering our pumpkins, we headed to the General Store located on the farm to pay for our pumpkins.  The had freshly made, we are talking still warm, pumpkin donuts! YUM!!!! The boys and I could not pass up the table.  We also grabbed a half gallon of their apple cider.  It is THE BEST!! I remember it from when I was a kid.  We used to live just a few minutes down the road and my parents would take my sister and I there when we were younger. 

Anyhow, back on target.  Pumpkins and breakfast down, games here we come!

Brayden remembered the bounce house, maze, slide and nut house from last year.  We bought some tickets and off we went.

The boys got to go through the kids maze, which ended with a huge slide.  They probably did it at least 5 times! Then Brayden wanted to do the bigger maze.  Brad and I were a little anxious about letting them go, but off they went and came out a few minutes later! Such big boys they are turning into!

The bounce house was next. 

The spent a little time on Noah's Ark as well.  Then it was off to the Nut House. It is a log cabin filled with Filbert nuts. 


There was also a stop to feed the goats.  Brayden once again used the pulley system to hoyst his up to the goat and Brock just fed them through the fence right out of his hand. 

By lunch time it was time to go.  Everyone had a great time.  Brylee really enjoyed her first Pumpkin Patch experience.  Next year she will be running around there too!

Comments

Anonymous said…
How adorable! Brad looks like Brian with his glasses. How handsome.
Mama San

Popular posts from this blog

Art Project

Peacock Lane

Comparison